Alter Aeon FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
FAQ 11.1 - Misconceptions
The fame system keeps a record of 'fame worthy' things that your character
has done, and gives you a rough count of your fame level. The sources and
exact details of how the fame system work are not public, but there are a
few important things to remember:
- If something shows up on 'where fame', it's eligible to be fame, but
might not be worth a fame point for you. To be clear, if you kill
something on 'where fame', you're not guaranteed to get a fame point.
- Fame can change over time, and you can gain or lose fame even when idle.
This generally only happens when areas are moved, releveled, or reworked.
- If you kill something on 'where fame', it might still show up on 'where
fame'. If this happens, you'll have to try again.
- Minions don't steal fame.
- Killing something solo doesn't guarantee that you'll get fame.