Alter Aeon FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
FAQ Section 14 - [advanced] Becoming a builder or immortal
Question 14.1 - What are the different types of gods or builders?
There are five types of gods on Alter Aeon:
1) Role-play only gods. These are gods that can be worshipped, but have
no building or administrative responsibilities. You might never even
see any of these gods logged in - Bobcat is a good example of this.
2) Area builder. An area builder constructs new areas for players to
play in, and sometimes maintains or updates older areas to improve
them. This is all they do - they have no other authority.
3) World builder. These are high level builders who have the ability
to add newly built areas to the game, and update pretty much any
part of the world. They normally have a large number of areas they
are responsible for.
4) Low level administrator. These are gods of level 108 and higher. They
can answer some questions, and lay down temporary law when needed. If
you have a problem that a low level admin cannot help you with, they will
tell you to contact a high level administrator.
5) High level administrator. There are very few of these, as few as
possible. They have almost infinite power. They are all level 110 or
Administrators may also be area or world builders.
Keep in mind that low level administrators have the power to create and
enforce temporary laws if a situation gets out of hand. Their temporary
rules may eventually be overruled - but that does not mean you can ignore
them! If you disagree with a low level admin, your ONLY recourse is to
escalate to a high level administrator. Do not sit there and bitch at the
low level admin. They will quite simply freeze you.
Question 14.2 - I want to be a god, what should I do?
For the five types of gods, the only kind that you can become is the builder
class. We have enough of all the rest and are not accepting applications.
Seriously. We don't need more role-play gods, we don't need world builders
who haven't built any areas, and we don't need any administrators. Don't
To become a builder, read through the FAQ on building an area.
Question 14.3 - My friends is a god but I'm not, why won't you make me a god?
Keep in mind that the purpose of a god is to build and contribute to the
game, not to boss other people around. Here are just a few of the
many possible reasons we might not give you a god or builder character:
1) You are level 0, you just logged on for the first time, and we don't
know anything about you.
2) Because you don't have the proper mindset or responsibility for a god.
3) Because you want to be an administrator and don't want to build.
(We don't need administrators at this time.)
4) Because you cant type, cant spell, and think 'aint' is proper grammar.
Proper grammar and spelling are a must.
5) The areas you want to build don't match the overall direction we want
the game to go.
There are a few more, but these are the main disqualifiers we see in new
builder applicants. Please take the time to look around and suggest
something meaningful for your first area idea.
Also, take a look at the 'rules' command and look at the rules that
gods/builders must follow. Be sure you can also abide by those.