Alter Aeon Help Page Search
Click here to view a random selection from the help system.
Click here to return to the main help index.
Search results for 'advice'
Keywords are: 'newplayer player advice'
Here are various pieces of advice handed down from Dentin for new players:
- Try to always level your cheapest class. If there's a tie pick the
one that you like more.
- If you can, keep about a dozen practices in reserve. You never know
when you'll need a new spell, skill, or stat point in something.
- Use the 'advice' command to make sure you've got the basics covered.
- Below level 10, you should be on the island of Sloe.
- Between levels 11 and 19, you should be on the island of Kordan.
- Between levels 20 and 28, you should be on the island of Archais.
- If you're a warrior or melee fighter, don't focus on protective armor.
Your job as a fighter is usually to make things dead, not act as a punching
bag. Focus on equipment with hitroll, damroll, and attacks first.
- Don't spend all your practices trying to raise your stats. Stats without
spells or skills won't help you much.
- Don't level only one class and ignore the others. If you do,
your character will be weak, pitiful, and difficult to play.
- Don't spend all your practices on spells and skills. Stats are needed
to cast spells and use your skills effectively.
- Don't level all your classes to the same level. If you do, it will take
you two years of grinding just to get your sixth class to level 1.
- Don't try to go to Ralnoth. Do not listen to players who tell you
to go to Ralnoth. Stay on the islands until you hit at least level 27.