Alter Aeon Help Page Search
Click here to view a random selection from the help system.
Click here to return to the main help index.
Random Help page:
Keywords are: 'mobthwack thwackexp expdent denting'
If you're been running the same exp area over and over again, you might
have noticed that you get less exp over time. This is intentional -
there are a lot of control systems and calculations that monitor and
adjust mob experience automatically. To find good exp areas, the best
advice is to rotate areas and find different places to go.
Here are a few simple rules and concepts regarding how mob exp is adjusted:
- If you're too high level for a mob, you won't get full exp and the game
will send you a warning message.
- If you kill the same thing too often compared to other things, you won't
get full exp and the game will send you a warning message.
- If the mob is too easy for you, regardless of the mob's level, you'll
get less exp than if it were a hard kill.
- If a mob is killed by players that are far too powerful for it, it will
be worth less exp for lower level players for 1-2 kills afterward. This
is part of the reason that high levels are discouraged from hanging out
in low level zones.
- If a mob is killed too many times by people in a short period of time,
it won't repop as often but will recover quickly.
- If a mob is killed too many times by people over a long period of time,
it won't repop as often and will recover slowly.
- If a mob ends up being on the 'top exp mobs' list that the game keeps
track of, it will be a global exp dent to help get it off the list.
That dent takes a long time to accumulate (weeks/months), and a long
time to dissipate.
There are a handful of other minor control systems as well, but they
typically handle special cases and aren't worth mentioning here.