Alter Aeon Boards and Forums
All Boards - Back to the Main Board List.
Board Name - Dentin's Board (Room 8)
Prev Msg - 2016 Dec 18 09:22 (dentin) Releveling FAQ part 1
Next Msg - 2017 Jan 28 05:25 (shadowfax) Alter Aeon Winter 2017 Update
Date: 2016 Dec 18 09:23
Subject: Releveling FAQ part 2
- All equipment saved to pfiles or storage has been checked to see
if it's eligible to be unflagged. The unflagging criteria are:
- The item must be bound
- It must be higher than level 30
- It must have at least one class flag
If the item is bound to a player, the game checks the player
database as well. If the player is not level 37, or if the
player is 130 total levels or lower, the item isn't eligible.
- Only a player that has level converted, and used all of their
refunded experience to relevel, can unflag an item.
- A player can only unflag an item that they own, that they can't
use because of a class flag.
- Only class flags can be removed.
- When the player is able to use the item, the eligible flag is
Why did this come out of nowhere?
- It didn't really come out of nowhere. We had a half dozen
high level players look over the proposal and recommend
improvements, as well as provide commentary. I probably
spent an extra two days working on those suggestions to
make the conversion less painful for high levels.
That said, I intentionally decided not to warn the mud in
advance. I wanted to make the conversion process as smooth
as possible, not debate why it might be necessary.
Why is this necessary?
- Player exp has increased dramatically over the last year. This
was primarily driven by new areas, new spells and skills, and
- We're looking at and beyond level 40. This was one of the things
that was causing problems code-wise to get there.
- Every minute we wait, it would have been harder to do.
- The old 1.8 billion cap required a lot of hacky special case code
that didn't work very well. You guys probably have no idea how
hacky and how hard to maintain this shit is.
- We can start removing and updating hacky mob exp code.
- We can start looking at raising exp caps.
- We'll probably be able to unlimit parts of the object composite.
- Look into switching fame from raw levels to microlevels.
- A lot more, it'll just take time to dig up.
- We might be able to remove microlevel timers.
Comments are property of the poster and may not reflect the
views of the admin or staff of Alter Aeon.
To respond to this message, you must be logged into the game.
This page has been referenced 2382 times since last boot.